> Queer Books Please: Episode 26 - Sports

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Episode 26 - Sports

Lesbians and sports go together like mixy things. Reviews/recommendations of THE SEA OF LIGHT by Jenifer Levin, SWEAT by Lucy Jane Bledsoe, SUDDEN DEATH by Rita Mae Brown, DAMN STRAIGHT by Elizabeth Sims, plus a round up of some of the romance titles that feature sports. Plus some personal stories from me for your enjoyment and my mild embarrassment.

Download or listen below the cut. The show is also always available on iTunes.







direct download

Books reviewed / recommended

THE SEA OF LIGHT by Jenifer Levin
SWEAT by Lucy Jane Bledsoe
SUDDEN DEATH by Rita Mae Brown
DAMN STRAIGHT by  Elizabeth Sims

Other titles of interest that I haven't read/finished yet

A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME edited by Joli Sandoz 
The sports romance samples from Bold Strokes Books 
LOVE GAME: SEASON 2011 by M. B. Gerard
BEAUTIFUL GAME by Kate Christie


Music used this episode




Cinematic (Jahzzar) / CC BY-SA 3.0

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! This post was just brought to my attention and I took a listen. Thank you for talking about DAMN STRAIGHT in my Lillian Byrd series. After a long hiatus from Lillian, I'm now working on book 5 in the series, which features perhaps that most-lesbian of all sports: Softball! The working title is LEFT FIELD, and I hope to get it done and published by year's end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I'm a huge fan of your Lillian Byrd series. Read it when it first came out as teenager, and I really enjoyed revisiting the series on kindle this year. I talk about the books in the first two episodes of the podcast, as well!

    I'm super excited that you're working on another book featuring Lillian! I'll be keeping an eye out for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete